If you’re hunting for specific ways to improve your Prairieville rental property, rehabilitating or upgrading your lighting is a great start. Installing new lighting can indeed make your rental look more enticing to potential tenants, increase the value of your property, and can be of great advantage to you to keep your rates competitive. This blog post will point out specific lights you will have to install in your rental property and why they are critical. We’ll, on top of that, provide tips on choosing the right light fixtures for your needs.
Types of Lighting
When choosing to light your rental property, you should install three primary kinds: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
Ambient Lighting. Ambient lighting is light that fills a room with all-embracing general illumination. This type of light is critical for making a space feel comfortable and enticing. It’s likewise important for safety to help prevent or eliminate trips and falls. You can have ambient lighting in your rental property by adding ceiling lights, wall sconces, or floor lamps.
Task Lighting. Task lighting is aimed to brighten up specific room areas where people work. This sort of light is key for fostering a well-lit workspace and reducing eye strain. You can fix task lighting in your rental property by adding desk lamps, pendant lights, or track lighting.
Accent Lighting. Accent lighting is generally used to highlight specific features of a room or to set up a certain mood. This type of light can accentuate architectural features, artwork, or furniture. You can utilize accent lighting in your rental property by adding recessed lights, track lighting, or wall sconces.
Choosing the Right Lighting Fixtures
When getting lighting fixtures for your rental property, it’s principal to pick fixtures that are highly durable and certainly easy to keep clean. This can make light fixtures last longer and make maintenance effortless over the long run. Additional factors you should also consider include:
- The size of the room: Bear in mind to consider fixtures that are proportional to the size of the room.
- The style of the property: Favor fixtures that complement the style of your property.
- The wattage of the bulbs: Get bulbs with the appropriate wattage for each fixture.
- The color temperature of the light: Choose a light bulb with a comfortable color temperature for tenants.
- The price: Choose fixtures that fit your budget.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Light Fixtures
Upgrading your light fixtures can have plenty of rewards for property owners, including:
- Increased property value: Setting up new lighting can improve the appearance and value of your rental property.
- Attracting more tenants: It’s a fact that new lighting can make your rental property more gorgeous and attractive to potential tenants.
- Keeping rates competitive: Upgrading your lighting can be of advantage to you and keep your rental rates competitive.
Putting up new lighting in your rental property can be a great way to enhance the look and feel of your space. It can correspondingly help increase the value of your property and attract more tenants. By employing the ideas in this blog post, you can straight off choose the perfect fixtures for your needs.
Still, upgrading your rental property raises a lot of necessary questions. If you’d want expert advice on upgrades that will afford you the biggest return for every dollar you spend, contact one of our professional Prairieville property managers. You can call 225-389-6860 or contact us online.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.